Stowe Animal Ordinances in Brief
- Dogs must be under CONTROL at all times. Dogs must be on a LEASH in the following designated areas:
Stowe Recreation Path, any public parking lot, Memorial Park, and Cemetery Road. Dogs are NOT allowed in public
- All dogs over the age of
6 months must be currently licensed and be wearing the tag issued by the town clerk.
- Owners are responsible for immediate and proper removal of their
dog’s feces from any property other than their own.
- Animal bites to any person or domestic animal or attempted bites should be reported immediately to the Animal
Control Officer or Health Officer.
- Dogs left
out of doors must be under control, have adequate shelter for weather conditions, and have water available to them.
- It is unlawful to leave an animal unattended in a standing
or parked car in a manner that would endanger the health or safety of the animal. Even on a moderately
warm day, in just minutes a car becomes an oven even with the windows cracked open. Pets can suffer
from serious conditions such as heat stroke, brain damage, or even death when left in a hot car. If you
see a dog suffering in a hot car call Animal Control or the police immediately!
- If you see any strange acting raccoons, skunks, ravens, or other wildlife, contact Fish and Wildlife,
Animal Control at Stowe Police, or the State Public Health office (1-800-640-4374).
For dog licenses residents can contact the Stowe Town Clerk at (802) 253-6133.
More information can be found at the Town Clerk's Website
Vermont Department of Health Rabies Hotline 1 (800) 4 RABIES or (800) 422-2437
Vermont Department of Health Dead Birds 1-800-913-1139
For concerns or questions involving wildlife,
poaching complaints, or related issues, contact the area Fish and Wildlife Game Warden, Jason Batchelder,
802-878-7111 or 802-279-4875
Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife
For help with beavers, skunks, woodchucks, squirrels, turtles,
mice, bats, moles, and other nuisance animals, call B&B WILDLIFE CONTROL OPERATORS, Brent Teillon 802-888-4086, cell 793-4950
or Bill Pickens 802-888-3736 which is a 24 hour service and fully licensed.
Found and Missing Pets!
If you own or recognize these dogs or cats, please contact us at the Stowe Police Department
so we can help them get home. If you are missing a dog, you can e-mail a picture and description to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it on the web site and on facebook. If you find an animal please contact Animal Control 802-253-7126
or 802-253-6132 Ext 320
Courtsy Post -
- " Rocco" a Grey and Black Striped cat when missin
10/24/2012 from Towne Farm Road.
- "Toulouse" a black and white cat
went missing 8/28/12 from River Road near Moscow Road end.
- "Plunky" a brown and black striped female
cat went missing 8/26/12 from Nebraska Valley Road
- "Piper" an all Black cat in the photo below went missing
8/26/12 from Sylvan Park Road
the cat pictured below, went missing 7/27/12 from North Hollow Road
- A grey and white tabby cat named "Gracie" Missing from River Road/ Shaw Hill Area 7/20/2012